Vision and Ethos
OUR VISION STATEMENT
At Barlborough Primary School we work together as a community to provide a happy, secure and stimulating environment where children are motivated to learn, are valued as individuals and encouraged to reach their full potential.
WE AIM FOR ALL OUR CHILDREN TO
- achieve high standards across the curriculum
- acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes relevant to the changing world in which they live
- respect and value themselves, other people and the environment
- develop enquiring minds with motivation to learn
- work independently and collaboratively
- take responsibility for their own actions and make informed choices
- have well developed communication and social skills
- have self-confidence and high self-esteem
- recognise themselves as citizens of Britain and the wider world
- respond thoughtfully to spiritual, moral (and religious) and British Values questions/issues and requirements in order to prepare them for adult life and life-long learning.
To achieve these aims for our children we are committed to provide the following: -
- a welcoming, stimulating and safe learning environment
- high expectations of our children and ourselves
- a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum
- high quality teaching using a variety of teaching strategies
- a range of resources that are effectively used to support learning
- equal access to all aspects of the curriculum and school life
- support, guidance and training for all those who teach and work with our children
- foster and maintain links with our village and the wider community
- recognise and celebrate achievements in all areas of school life work enthusiastically together to achieve our vision and aims
All the children in the school will follow a full primary curriculum and the highest standards are sought in all areas. There are policy statements on specific subject areas, devised by staff and approved by Governors, which may be viewed in school.
We are justifiably proud of our school and its achievements and look to parents for their continuing support.